The Spring Issue of Insite to Condos is Here!
The Spring Issue of Insite to Condos is now available in a digital format!
CLICK HERE to read the magazine.
That's a Wrap!
Our first-ever virtual Alberta Condo Expo was held last week on April 23rd & 24th.
Over 300 people joined us for this event! It was a great Expo, with tonnes of informative and engaging presentations (despite the odd technical glitch). We would like to thank our sponsors, speakers, volunteers and staff for their work behind the scenes and on camera to put together the event. We would especially like to thank all of you who attended this year's Expo and joined us navigating a virtual event. Registered attendees have access to the video on-demand library for the next 3 months so you can revisit any sessions presented. Stay tuned for a more thorough recap in the Summer Issue of Insite to Condos.
Engagement Opportunity with the Residential Property Manager
There will be an Online Engagement Session on May 19th at 9 am (MT)
You are invited to participate in an online engagement session with the Residential Property Manager Industry Council. This session will be hosted by the Industry Council Chair and held on Zoom. It will include:
- an explanation of how the Industry Council operates within RECA’s new governance structure
- an update from the Industry Council
- an outline of Industry Council priorities
- an opportunity for stakeholders to ask questions.
Register no later than May 18th, using this link.
METHOD ARCHITECTURAL DESIGN: Favorite Design Trends in 2018
Kitchen design in 2018 is all about contrast, texture, statement appliances, and the ongoing trend of adding color in the kitchen. We’re finding clients seeking more variety and opting for braver colour and style choices. The mix of striking solid colours and wood grains will continue to prove popular, as well as adding more interest in the form of tile and metallic finishes to create striking kitchens.
Here are our favourite kitchen trends in 2018.
1. Dark Counter Tops. Clients are straying from white and venturing into darker territory with quartz and granite- even concrete- this year. An added bonus is darker countertops equals harder to spot crumbs. Paired with a waterfall edge your kitchen will be a stunner.
2. Captivating Appliances. Stainless steel appliances have ruled for the last decade, and we couldn’t be more excited to switch it up. Everything form ultra modern to vintage style ranges and refrigerators are dominating the market right now. Steam ovens are quickly gaining popularity. With their ability to cook food faster, retain nutrients and moisture better than conventional ovens it’s easy to see why.
3. Ceramic Tile. With recent innovations in technology ceramic tile is quickly gaining traction as the most popular flooring for kitchens. We are seeing wood grain replicas, as well as bold patterns and colors. These funky designs pair perfectly with the bold colors seen in cabinetry in 2018.
4. Color! Bringing us to our next point- color in cabinetry. Pantone’s 2018 Color of the Year was Ultra Violet, which set the stage for the transition from all white cabinetry. If this is too bold consider softer shades like sage and navy.
5. Pantry Wall. As organizational enthusiasts we love this one! Pantry walls often have a combination of pull out drawers and adjustable shelving allowing you to utilize every square inch. Add in wire baskets and clear containers for dry food storage and you’ll be sure to make Martha Stewart envious.
6. Two Tone cabinetry. Light upper cabinets paired with dark lowers have been popular for a while, this year it’s all about mixed material combos such as natural woods lowers paired with gloss white uppers. This creates dimension and texture, adding visual interest and making your kitchen pop!
Design Trends Presented By: